Last update: May 30, 2021
Bickdrim is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users ("user", "you"). The following information describes how Bickdrim collects and processes information about you when you use its website (the "Website") and Services (as defined below).
● What information we collect and why we collect it.
● How we use that information.
● Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Bickdrim Ltd, based in Douala Cameroon, helps small businesses and startups manage digital and financial service and scale cost effectively. To do this, Bickdrim integrates with most social platforms, analytics tools and financial softwares to help manage and organize your data.
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your email address and the location of the computer through which you used the Website and Services (hereinafter: "Personal Information"). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily by you, including, without limitation, when you download the Bickdrim all, use Bickdrim′s Services via the following methods:
1. Registration to use the Services: you may register to use the Services using your full name and email address. We will explicitly indicate the mandatory fields for completion.
2. Registration through your social media accounts such as your Facebook, Google or GitHub accounts: You may also register using your Facebook, Google or GitHub Accounts or a certain social media account you created. If you choose to register with these accounts, you give us access to retrieve your information from these services. The particular categories of information we retrieve from the accounts are within the scope of information that such networks makes available to us by default, according to your privacy settings at each network. The information we collect in this manner typically includes your full name, email address and public information from your profile on these services.
3. Contact Us: If you contact us for various reasons such as requesting a specific service, asking questions or raising a complaint, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your user ID in the Service, email address and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
4. Subscribing to our Newsletter: If you wish to register to be provided with our newsletter and be provided with information on the Services and special promotions, we will collect your email address, subject to your consent, and will send you the required materials.
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your personal information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
1. Providing the requested services:
○ We will collect your Personal Information to enable you to register to use the Services.
○ We collect Personal Information to provide you with the Services you contracted to receive.
○ We will collect your Personal Information to facilitate any inquiry you made via the Website.
○ We will collect your Personal Information and will send you relevant notifications within the Service, when we believe that they are required for the provision of the Services to you.
○ Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Website and Services you use or intend to use.
2. We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested Services.
3. Improvement and Development of the Services:
○ We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Bickdrim′s Services and Website and to help provide more information on the use of our Services quickly and easily.
○ We collect your Personal Information as well as telemetry data to understand feedback on our Services and improve and develop our Services accordingly.
○ We will collect user interaction with Bickdrim′s suggestions as it is used as a feedback mechanism that improves our machine learning by promoting suggestions you decide to accept.
○ We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website to ensure it is user friendly.
○ We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
○ We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
○ Your e-mail and your account will be used to send you Service updates and notifications about your account, to respond to you regarding comments or inquiries you have submitted or in order to contact you when Codota believes it to be necessary.
4. We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Website and Services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
5. Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways:
○ Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
○ Enhance the safety and security of our Website and Services;
○ Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
○ Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law
6. We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Website and Services and enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
7. Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
○ If you have used Bickdrim′s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
○ This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
○ This also enables us to improve your experience on the Website by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
8. We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
In order to perform our contractual and other legal responsibilities or purposes, we may, from time to time, need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We may as well share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party service providers and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services. We use zendesk for user communication and support which enables us to provide you with efficient technical support service.
We also share your information for analytics purposes with third parties who provide us with analytics services such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel and HotJar. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of Bickdrim′s Services across applications, websites or other products. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Website and Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal obligation or inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website or Services to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Bickdrim, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website, Services or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the "EU") or within the European Economic Area (the "EEA"), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
1. Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
2. Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
3. Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
4. Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
5. Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
6. Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above you may contact us at email@example.com.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, Codota agrees to the following:
● You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") permits users who are California residents to request to exercise certain rights. If you are a California resident, the CCPA grants you the right to request certain information about our practices with respect to your Personal Information. In particular, you can request to receive information on the following:
● The categories and specific pieces of your Personal Information that we have collected.
● The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information.
● The business or commercial purposes for which we collected your Personal Information.
● The categories of third parties with which we shared your Personal Information.
You can be rest assured that we do not sell your Personal Information. If you choose to exercise your rights, we will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of our Services, unless those differences are related to your provision of your Personal Information.
Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Moreover, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide, will only cover the 12 month period preceding your verifiable request′s receipt. If, for some reason, we cannot reply within such time frame, our response will include an explanation for our inability to comply. If you wish to exercise your CCPA rights, please contact us at: email@example.com.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
1. Deny you goods or services.
2. Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
3. Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
4. Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out strict penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, Bickdrim agrees to the following:
● Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
● Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
● Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
● Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
● Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
● Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
We may use "cookies" and/or other technologies or files (collectively, "cookies") to identify how users make use of our Website and Services. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website and Services experience for all of our users. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website and Services to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to email@example.com . You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to Other Websites
We deploy industry standard measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Personal Information we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know′ basis for the provision of Services to you. No such measures are perfect or impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Website and transmission is at the users own risk.
Generally, Bickdrim does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the Personal Information is required for Bickdrim to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested Services.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE AND WEBSITE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY